Welcome to Wortham Lawn Tennis Club
ENJOY TENNIS KEEP FIT MAKE FRIENDS HAVE FUN
Wortham is a friendly, forward looking, four floodlit court club with c270 members. We aim to offer something for every level of player:
- active adult, junior and mini programmes
- social and competitive play all year round
- regular 'turn up and play' club sessions
- adult and junior tournaments throughout the summer season
- teams in a number of competitive leagues, both summer and winter
- coaching (adult, junior, 'mini' and 'tots'),
- Cardio Tennis - a really fun way to keep fit and/or improve your fitness level
- Tennis Xpress - a programme for adult beginners or those who haven't played for a while
- Touch Tennis - a fun game played over mini nets with low compression balls
We have had a successful few years with individual and team wins in summer and winter leagues - 4 of our teams are now in Division 1 of the Ipswich and Felixstowe Floodlit league; one of our junior members was voted National Young Volunteer of the Year by the LTA in 2012; our coach, Emily Wharton, was selected as AEGON national coach of the month in June 2013; our Club Secretary was LTA Volunteer of the Month in March 2014 and our Club Chair was LTA Volunteer of the Month in November 2014. We are very proud and excited to have won the Suffolk Sports 2015 Club of the Year Award on 13 November 2015 and the Suffolk LTA Club of the Year on 27 February 2016. And, our coach Emily has been selected as one of the Davis Cup Legacy coaches following on the great win of Team GB. Great results and achievements in a fun and active environment.
We hope you will find what you want to get out of tennis in Wortham Tennis Club. There are opportunities for every level of player. Come and join in!
As our annual mixed doubles Whitbread Cup took place on the opening day of the French Open at Roland Garros we gave it a bit of a French theme: flags, refreshments plus announcements in 'franglais'. Such a battle for the winning spot - Emily & Hans took the trophy by one game over runners up Julia & Sam. Wow - couldn't have been closer! Read more...
120 people took part in an amazing day of free tennis. It was fantastic to welcome lots of new faces to the club and to see so many people playing tennis and having a fun time. There was a wide range of activities for all ages and abilities. And when a rest was needed, there were great refreshments too. Read more...